Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Q:How old are you?

Ni

Ni

China

Nowadays, in youth obsessed culture, such question maybe off-limit and will make people feel uneasy sometime. You may answer "I stop keeping track after 30". But in harsh reality aging is one of the inevitabilities in our life. So what your opinion or attitude?

11:39 AM Nov 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

devindernagpal

India

youth of 52

child of 52

old man of 152 years

02:57 PM Nov 17 2007 |

纯纯

纯纯

China

i am afraid of oldness one day ~~!

05:13 PM Nov 17 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear,question is wrong…why you ask how old are you..

You should have asked, how young are you…

06:12 PM Nov 17 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

It's really a problem of the lnguage))) In many languages the question is 'How many years…?' But it always means the means the years one has lived. On the other hand… do we really know how much is left? A day? Or half a century?...

09:15 PM Nov 17 2007 |

mustafatosun1991

Turkey

body age:17..
Brain age:people thing more than 17…

09:54 PM Nov 17 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

one day more has passed…

& I don't know…wheather a drop has been poured to my utansil of life

or a drop has slipped out of it…at least I don't know…but one day more has passed..

Friends, we generally feel that time is passing…but my observation says that time is in stillness…our life is passing…while sitting in train we that trees are running but actuually we are running….our life is passing…

Linguist can explain better….it is his department of going through the words….let's wait for her opinion…

01:30 AM Nov 18 2007 |

flora_woo

flora_woo

China

just be happy, and however old are you

02:36 AM Nov 18 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Well, the point is in the relativity theory of Einstein. The same stuff about train. This wold's life is uncomparably longer than a human's life, that's why it may seem life is still and we are in a hurry. I remembered a song of one old good Russian band which said
about two men talking in the train: oth said life is a train, but one was sure we could drive it wherever we wish ans as long as we can, and another one claimed that everything dependes on the railway and the ticket price…

07:27 AM Nov 18 2007 |

ali.badri

ali.badri

Morocco

07:34 AM Nov 18 2007 |

Ni

Ni

China

Thx for all of your replies.  I'm so glad to see all of these comments.  And the relativity theory of Einstein quoted above has shed new light on this problem.  But I don't quite understand the meaning of "This wold's life is uncomparably longer than a human's life, that's why it may seem life is still".

04:37 PM Nov 18 2007 |