Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

THE SECRET TO SUCCESS

jaiteh

jaiteh

Gambia

A successful man is always asked – "What is the secret of your success?"

People never ask a man who is a failure, "What is the secret of your failure?" It is quite easy to see and they are not interested.

People all want to know how to open the secret door to success. For each man there is success, but it seems to be behind a door or wall.

If you are a failure and resent the success of someone else, you are keeping away your own success. I have given the following statement to neutralize envy and resentment.

What God has done for others, He now does for me and more.

It is the word of realization which brings about a change in your affairs; for words and thoughts are a form of radio-activity.

Taking an interest in your work, enjoying what you are doing opens the secret door of success.

That is the Secret of Success, to make what you are doing interesting to other people. Be interested yourself, and others will find you interesting.

A good disposition, a smile, often opens the secret door; the Chinese say, "A man without a smiling face, must not open a shop."

The success of a smile was brought out in a French moving-picture in which Chevalier took the lead, the picture was called, "With a Smile." One of the characters had become poor, dreary and almost a derelict; He said to Chevalier "What good has my honesty done me?" Chevalier replied, "Even honesty won't help you, without a smile." So the man changes on the spot, cheers up, and becomes very successful.

Living in the past, complaining of your misfortunes, builds a thick wall around your success. Talking too much about your affairs, scattering your forces, brings you up against a high wall.

Here is a man of brains and ability, who was a complete failure. He lived with his mother and aunt, and was found, every night when he went home to dinner, he told them all that had taken place during the day at the office; he discussed his hopes, his fears, and his failures.

It was said to him, "You scatter your forces by talking about your affairs. Don't discuss your business with your family. Silence is golden!"

He took the lead. During dinner he refused to talk about business. His mother and aunt were in despair. They loved to hear all about everything, but his silence proved golden!

Not long after, he was given a position at one hundred dollars a week, and in a few years, he had a salary of three hundred dollars a week.

11:04 AM Feb 29 2008 |