Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

OK people, let's make a deal??!

Moony Wine007

Brazil

Everybody has the right to believe in something or no. It depends of each one!

Be what YOU want to be and RESPECT what I want to be, ok!

Have a nice day!

Forget the rest…

11:33 PM Feb 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Hi Moony. I can understand your frustration about posts on religion if you don't really like reading about it, but there seem to be lots of other topics and it's really very easy for you to read and reply to those you like and ignore those you don't.

No one is forcing you to read something you don't wish to, but you seem to want everyone to share your opinion. 

Here's another deal. I will RESPECT what you want to be and your right to read what you want if you RESPECT my right to do the same.

How about it?

Cheers

02:24 AM Feb 14 2008 |

Moony Wine007

Brazil

I agree with you. "Everybody does want to do!" But it is too boring often see posts about Islam, don't you think.

I have nothing against the Muslim people, but other want to make a polemic, a circus, it seems.

09:05 PM Feb 14 2008 |

nono ksa

nono ksa

Saudi Arabia

hi moony!

if you don't want to read them it's okey  don't read

but someone els want to know what  islam talk about  

if we don't reply to them what they ask us  it's not polite way don't you think so ?? Smile 

cheers

11:08 PM Feb 14 2008 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

markchina… great again

<<im ur stalker..lol i like ur comments. really.

well said.

right moony…keeping my mouth shut about M peeps 

01:42 PM Feb 15 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Good points Mark, but I think you could easily say the same about adherents to most religions in a place like ebaby. People don't come her primarily to speak about religion (though there seem to be exceptions) but to speak about and use English. Therefore we wouldn´t expect a high percentage of religious scholars or even people like yourself who have done at least a little bit of study on the subject. 

I´ve known many Christians who can offer little other than ¨because god said so¨or ït´s in the bible¨when asked about tenets of their religion. I´m not surprised to see the same from Muslims. Maybe it{s a sad state when a non-beleiver knows more about your religion´s history than you do. 

I would still like to respond to the original criticism of too many posts about religion and about Islam in particular by noting that there seems to be easily at least 20 non religious threads for every religious one. (based on a thouroughly unscientific study consisting of my vague impressions and unreliable memory only)

01:52 PM Feb 15 2008 |

numfor

Cameroon

hi moony i respect you that is why i am writting this to let you know that i can also make you reall for life

06:52 PM Feb 15 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Kanaobi,  I don't think that wisdom should be a pre-requisite for exercising free speech.

Sometimes we need the "moron perspective" just to show us how right we are ;)

Of course, since ebaby is a private company, they can make any rules they like about what can be posted, and we have the choice to use the service or not, but I don't think it would be a good idea. I can say that if they said tomorrow that posts about religion were prohibited, I would reconsider my membership. 

Please thank your fiance for his service, and wherever he is, I hope that he comes home safely to you. 

11:11 AM Mar 01 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Mark, you are right that you don't see much Christian proselytizing here. Maybe the concept of jihad also extends to websites?

12:05 PM Mar 02 2008 |

s3ad

s3ad

Saudi Arabia

HEY MOONEY

how r u

just relax and take a deep breath

if u don't wanna read it don't do it

but this posts, coz there is a lot of people have bad idea about islam

we don't push u to become a muslim but just to make t clear for the others

and we all here friends, and i don't care  what is ur religion i care about what u r not what's ur religion or other things,

coz when i come here i

know that i wann meet friends all over the world  no matter coz u have ur believes

and i have mine

what they r and i respect u all

but believe me there is a lot of peopl think the islam and the muslims is something

dangerous.

anyway don't get made and u can add any post u want

we all friends.

and sorry if my words bthering u.

bye

04:16 AM Mar 03 2008 |