Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Could you correct this English text please ?

ceytos

Belgium

Hello !
It’s a long text (for a custom campaign on Age of Empire 2) so I would understand if no one took the time to help me, but it would be great if someone could correct this, I have a lot of trouble in English. ^^
I speak French so don’t hesitate if you have any questions or french text to correct, I would gladly answer.

Best regard,

The text:

Read me:
This isn’t the real story of Rahan, (fictional character invented by Roger Lécureux, France) but I tried to get closer to it at best.

In the same way, I have no knowledge on history and war, yes it’s normal here to mix Rahan, Joan of Arc and blaspheme historians and their war heroes, just a game without any historical sense. In this adventure, all civilizations and all heroes will be gathered, Rahan speaks all languages, he has like “over 9000” of IQ and “voila”

Synopsis:

In a world where time is bullshit:
Rahan lives in our world, isolated with other tribes, but in a prehistoric era. (for the first scenario (and “real” story))
In the true story of Rahan there are many anachronisms, such as the presence of dinosaurs (yes, but not in aoe2 unfortunately …) normally there is no other “civilization”, war, middle age..etc. as you will in other scenarios of this adventure.
All the civilizations will be united, the epochs will be mixed, I want to put Rahan in a long and wtf experience, obviously at this stage this is no more the true story of this cartoon hero.

Rahan the Aryan (dafuq):
Rahan have fair hair, no one around him has ever seen hair like that, his parents come from afar and died in the forgetfulness. Rahan will be found by a tribe who has never seen blond hair and he will only know other tribes who have never seen it either, for a long time.
He will learn, discover the world and change the human species. His goal is peace, Craô, his adopted father, learned to him all what he needed to make Rahan a good man.
Craô taught him to hunt and fish, but he had never done that alone before he was forced to do so, after a tragedy.
Craô has taught him not to kill another man and that every animal is sacred.

What Rahan wants:
Crao wanted to find the sun’s den one day, Rahan will look for it for him. Rahan also lets his cutlass guide him, that it allows him to survive in the wild, turning it on a rock, when stopped, the point of the weapon will indicate to Rahan the direction that it must take. Apart from letting himself be guided by the setting sun and his cutlass, Rahan seeks the Men and their villages, he wants to teatch his knowledge and the peace in the world. Rahan is mysterious, he sees a village, but sometimes decides to listen to his weapon despite this, sometimes does not listen to anything of it and goes to the lair of the sun, no one knows where Rahan will go.
Rahan is basically good, with the flaws it brings (difficult choices for peace).

Rahan is a “prehistoric” man, he tries to understand the world around him, he is very intelligent but must adapt to understand everything that he will discover, he expresses himself childlike, for instance an elephant will be a “Two teeth ”, in view of its defenses.

---—IN FRENCH------

Lisez-moi:
Ceci n’est pas la véritable histoire de Rahan, (personnage fictif inventé par Roger Lécureux, France) mais j’ai essayé de m’y rapprocher au mieux.

De la même manière, je n’ai aucune connaissance en histoire et en guerre, oui c’est normal ici de mélanger Rahan, Jeanne d’Arc et de blasphémer les historiens et leurs héros de guerre. Dans cette aventure, toutes les civilisations et tous les héros seront réunis, Rahan parle toutes les langues, il a genre 350 de QI et “voilà”

Synopsis:

Dans un monde ou l’espace temps est en bordel:
Rahan vit dans notre monde, isolé avec d’autres tribus, mais dans une époque préhistorique. (premier scénario)
Dans la vrai histoire de Rahan les anachronismes sont nombreux, comme la présence de dinosaures (oui oui, mais pas dans aoe2 malheureusement…) il n’y a normalement pas d’autre “civilisation”, de guerre, ni de moyen-âge..etc. comme vous aurez dans les autres scénario de cette aventure
Toutes les civilisation finiront par être réunies, les époques seront mélangés, j’ai envie de mettre Rahan dans une longue histoire complètement wtf, évidemment ce n’est très rapidement plus du tout la vrai histoire de ce héro de Bande dessinée.

Rahan l’aryen(dafuq):
Rahan à les cheveux blond, personne autour de lui n’en a jamais vu, ses parents viennent de loin et sont mort dans la solitude. Rahan sera trouvé par une tribu n’ayant jamais vu des cheveux blond et ne connaitra que d’autres tribus n’en ayant jamais vu, pendant longtemps, il va apprendre, découvrir le monde et changer l’espèce humaine. Son but est la paix, Craô, son père adoptif, lui à appris tout ce qu’il fallait pour faire de Rahan un homme bon.
Craô lui a appris à chasser, à pêcher, mais il n’avait jamais fait ça seul avant d’y être obligé après un drame.
Craô lui a appris à ne jamais tuer un autre Homme et que tout animal est sacré.

Ce que veut Rahan:
Craô désirait trouver la tanière du soleil un jour, Rahan la cherchera pour lui. Rahan se laisse aussi guider par son coutelas, qu’il lui permet de survivre dans la nature sauvage, en le faisant tourner sur une roche, une fois arrêtée, la pointe de l’arme indiquera à Rahan la direction qu’il doit prendre. A part se laisser guider par le soleil couchant et son coutelas, Rahan cherche les Hommes et leurs villages, il veut apprendre ses savoir et la paix dans le monde. Rahan est mystérieux, il voit un village, mais parfois décide d’écouter son arme, parfois n’écoute rien de cela et va vers la tanière du soleil, personne ne sait prédire où Rahan ira.
Rahan est fondamentalement bon, avec les défauts que ça apporte (choix difficiles pour la paix).

Rahan étant “préhistorique”, il essaie de comprendre le monde qui l’entoure, il est très intelligent mais doit s’adapter pour comprendre tout ce qu’il découvrira, il s’exprime de façon imagée, un éléphant sera un “Deux dents”, au vu de ses défenses.

02:19 PM Sep 07 2017 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

darky85

Australia

Good job!!

Keep doing it !

you can improve it and feel better!

12:54 PM Dec 04 2017 |