Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Iranian poet was executed in late January for being an "enemy of G-d."

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

Hashem Shaabani, an ethnic Arab and popular composer of Arabic and Persian poetry, was hung in an unidentified prison on January 27 along with Hadi Rashedi, Al Jazeera reported on Monday. He was the founder of Dialogue Institute, which promoted Arabic literature and culture in Iran.

The 32-year-old poet spoke out against the mistreatment of ethnic Arabs in Iran’s Khuzestan province, which borders Iraq. He was arrested in February or March 2011, on charges of being a “Moharabeh,” namely an “enemy of G-d.”

Shaabani was found guilty last July, along with 13 others, of “waging war on G-d” and spreading “corruption on earth.”

Watchdog group Freedom House reported last Wednesday that Shaabani was severely tortured and interrogated during his three years in prison. In 2012 he was put on Iran’s state-owned Press TV, where he was forced to confess crimes of “separatist terrorism,” according to human rights groups.

Iran Human Rights Documentation Center (IHRDC) notes that over 300 people have been executed since Hasan Rouhani took office last August.

In the first 21 days of January, Amnesty International reported that 40 executions were carried out in Iran, working out to a rate of two ex per day. ”Public executions are usually carried out by a crane, which lifts a noose hanging around the neck of the condemned,” the organization noted.

10:13 AM Feb 10 2014 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sara1998

sara1998

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I hate Israel and Arabic countries…they don’t know any thing about our people and our culture!!

11:26 AM Feb 17 2014 |

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

why u hate Israel , we r not Arabs.

did u know many of the Israeli population r persians.

01:04 PM Feb 17 2014 |

sara1998

sara1998

I didn’t mean that i hate Israel’s people i meant that i don’t like them because they hate us and they don’t respect to our rights!

if you’re Persians so you shouldn’t have any problem with our improvement…we don’t want to fight with any country!

ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU ARE PERSIANS?!

11:03 AM Feb 19 2014 |

Usmann

Usmann

Pakistan

hi

12:11 PM Feb 19 2014 |

Usmann

Usmann

Pakistan

What is you are skype id:

12:11 PM Feb 19 2014 |

mohammadali1

We are okay with jewish people, but we hate zionism and Israel has a zionist regim.

They kill the palastinian to force them to live their contry. They kill innocent palastinian.

Hittler make Holocaust but I dont know why the palastinain  should pay the Compensation of Holocaust!

03:34 AM Feb 23 2014 |

Majids

Majids

I dont believe that jewish people  kill other people, they are simple men and women like all people around the world;they work,they laugh, they cry , they fall in love….............. . it’s zionist Regim and any other cruel regims that kill people.I like all people around the world.

11:09 AM Mar 02 2014 |

nastarans

inspite of what people say it matters what you believe in and i think religion etheir islam or any other shouldnt keep humans apart so if we were realy clever we would have omied  every single thing makes us enemies….jewish and muslims both are makin mistakes

10:22 PM Nov 23 2015 |