Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Verydifficult

Kenith

Australia

<!-==text==begin==-> Hi Doc,thanks a lot forexplaining different words for “toilet”. By theway, I heard the word “bog” in a show the otherday. The host showed us a can of ham and said oneof his friends has just back from Sweden and gavehim another can of ham as a gift. Then the hostshowed tha audience that can of ham from Sweden.It turned out to have the words “picnic bog” onthe label! People were laughing and I did notunderstand what’s funny. Then my friend told methat “bog” is a slang term for “toilet”. But youtold me that you have never heard of it… I thinkthis sort of stuff will be the most difficult andchallenging obstacles for non-native Englishspeakers…

On the other hand, how do you usethese words for “toilet”? Do you use them when youare in a 5-star hotel? Do you use them when youare talking to your teachers or parents? Or youjust use these words when you are talking to yourfriends?

Next time,

kenith

Replies:
<!-==10090==0==end==->

07:02 AM Apr 30 2000 |